Research is in progress in the following areas:
- Exploring antimicrobial peptide sequence and structural space.
- Developing peptide-based inhibitors of essential bacterial functions.
- Engineering single-chain antibodies to control microbe-microbe and microbe-host interactions.
- Studying interactions between skin, commensals, and pathogens.
- Building cell-based systems for peptide/protein screening and delivery.
- Engineering microbes to improve human performance.
- Characterizing bacterial stress responses.